I turned 20 on Thursday. I’m still a bit confused on how that happened.
There is so much to learn in this world and today I’m going to share 20 things I’ve discovered during my time in this world. All of these are things I wish I’d known when I was younger and will definitely need to remind myself of in the future as well.
1. Not everyone is going to like you and that’s completely okay.
2. Red lipstick is a very powerful tool, have at least two in your collection.
3. Be kind. Always.
4. Having a dog is one of the best things you could ever experience in life.
5. Disney movies are not just for kids.
6. Sisters will drive you absolutely crazy but you won’t find anyone who loves you as much.
7. The path that is right for everyone else isn’t necessarily the one for you.
8. You will do things that you’re later on embarrassed about or even regret but will end up smiling about as you grow older.
9. Always have tissues with you.
10. Be yourself no matter what (unless you can be a mermaid).
11. Making mistakes is a part of life and the only way you will learn.
12. Do things for the right reasons.
13. Overthinking is the worst way to waste time.
14. Sometimes the only thing you have to do is START.
15. Don’t waste your time on negative people, they will suck the life out of you.
16. “Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.” – Jimi Hendrix
17. Don’t be afraid of change.
18. It’s never too late to start something new.
19. Always listen to your mom but never admit it.
20. Follow your dreams. No matter how big, crazy or unachievable you think they are.
Enjoyed this post? Follow me on Bloglovin for more!
Let’s keep in touch