I love reading all kinds of posts where the reader can get to know the face behind the blog a bit better. Most of the time these are lifestyle posts but then I found this Would You Rather Beauty Edition post while browsing the internet the other day and knew that I had to answer the questions here on the blog one day.
1. Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks and lip glosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?
First of all, what kind of question is this?!? I wouldn’t actually mind losing all of my mascaras and eyeliner since I don’t really use eyeliner and keep going back to the Maybelline LashSensational mascara. But lipsticks and lip glosses – I have about 90 of them so losing all would be literally heartbreaking!
I do love all of my palettes and eyeshadows and use them a lot more than lip products so I’d rather lose all of my mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks and lip glosses. If that actually happened though I’d most likely cry!
2. Would you rather chop off all of your hair or never be able to cut it again?
Never be able to cut it. My hair had to be cut quite short once – just above my chest (you can see the length in this outfit post) – and even though it wasn’t that short it felt really weird for someone who has always had almost waist length hair.
3. Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?
I love both but personally I think that a pink cheek colour looks good all year around whereas a coral cheek is more suitable in summer. As I reach for pink blush more I have to go with pink.
4. If you had $1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?
Probably makeup, mostly high end. Even though I do love clothes I think different makeup looks can make your outfit look completely different and suitable for different occasions – like accessories do. In real life I would just split the amount in half for makeup and clothes though!
5. Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner or eyeliner as lipstick?
Lipstick as eyeliner! Liquid lipstick if possible ;). I love the colourful eyeliner trend!
6. Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
I’d have to say Sephora because even though I love MAC products to death Sephora has so many amazing brands that I love too! At the end of the day, MAC is just one makeup brand so as a makeup enthusiast I don’t think I could function without using other brands as well.
7. Would you rather only use one eyeshadow colour or one lip colour for the rest of your life?
For some reason I haven’t been really into wearing any type of lip products recently so now I’d say wear one lip colour for the rest of my life. I would never be able to actually do that though!
8. Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
Well, you know, especially if I could layer them I’d definitely rather wear summer clothes in the winter than the other way around!
9. Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?
Even though I love dark nail polish – especially in Autumn – I still reach for bright nail polishes a lot more. Even now I’m wearing Fiji by Essie (review here).
10. Would you rather give up your favourite lip product or your favourite eye product?
My favourite lip product. I’m a lot fussier when it comes to eye products and have so many lip products I love so giving up one of them probably wouldn’t be that bad.
11. Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or a messy bun?
Messy bun! I can’t even remember when was the last time I wore my hair in a ponytail. If I can’t be bothered to do anything to my hair in the morning or if it gets in my way during the day I always throw it into a messy bun.
12. Would you rather never be able to paint your nails or never use lip gloss?
Never use lip gloss even though I’ve actually really started to like wearing them again! But there’s so many amazing lip products out there nowadays whereas you can’t really replace nail polish as easily.
13. Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in everyday?
Fun fact, when I was little – about 6 I think – I cut my eyebrows off with scissors *shakes head*. That wasn’t a great look… If I could still draw them on with brow products after shaving them I would go for that one but since the question states “have none at all” I think that wouldn’t be an option so I’d rather fill them in with a sharpie!
14. Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?
Nail polish all the way! In my opinion makeup is about expressing yourself whereas nail polish just makes your nails look pretty. Some people can do mind-blowing nail art which also can be a way of expressing yourself and your other interests but as I can’t, I’d rather keep all of my makeup thank you very much.
Would you rather give up your favourite lip or eye product? I’d love to know your answers to the questions too so answer one of the questions in the comments of if you have a blog, write a post 😉
Let’s keep in touch