I was nominated for two different blog awards a while back and I thought I’d put them in a single post.
First award is the One Lovely Blog Award and I got nominated by the amazing Emma from Speckled Beauty (read her post here). Thank you so much for the nomination Emma! Now to the rules.
- Thank the person who has nominated you & link back to their post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers you admire,
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know they’ve been nominated.
7 Things about me:
- I’ve never had a broken bone.
- I danced since I was 7 but stopped going to classes at the age of 13 because of personal reasons. (I still love it though)
- Some people usually think me and the youngest one of my older sisters are twins or that I’m older than her because I’m taller.
- I’ve never dyed my hair.
- There’s a long (about 15cm) but thin scar at my right side because when I was about 4 I slid down the stairs (like you would if you were on a slide) at my grandma’s and there was something sharp at the staircase.
- I absolutely hate it if people ask me things like “Why are you angry?” if I’m not.
- Even though I’m a very girly girl, I still love to play action video games or almost any video games really.
Nominees are at the bottom of this post!
Thank you so much Hollie for nominating me to answer you questions for this award! You can read Hollie’s post here.
The rules are as followed:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Include the award logo in your post.
- Answer the set of 10 questions that they provide.
- Supply your own set of 10 questions.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
The questions I got:
1. What is your favourite blog and who is your favourite blogger?
Uhhh, this is such a hard decision because I love so many blogs but a few of them are Beauty With Charm by Alina, Speckled Beauty by Emma, Rachel Coco by Rachel and Sleek-Chic by Nicole. My ultimate favourite blogger is Victoria from Inthefrow.
2. How do you promote your blog and what is the most effective way to do so?
Whenever I publish a new post I tweet about it and then leave my link at the end of every chat on Twitter. I don’t know if those are the most effective ways though, I’m not sure what is… haha.
3. If you could be somebody else for a day, who would it be and why?
I’m just going to say the first person that popped into my mind and that would be Gabby from the YouTube channel velvetgh0st. I really like her style and personality and have always thought what would it be like to be her.
4. What inspired you to come up with the name of your blog?
I wasn’t sure what I would be writing about so a title that told the blog is going to be about me and my life was a perfect one and that’s how I came up with “My life as Anu”.
5. What is your favourite perfume, lipstick and nail polish?
I don’t really use perfume so I don’t have a favourite one and my favourite lipstick and nail polish change all the time but currently my favourite lipstick is When You Came To Me from Makeup Revolution and nail polish…… oh my god, I actually think I can’t decide. I’m just going to say anything dark but happy at the moment.
6. High heels, if you wear heels, what is your preferred heel height?
About 2.5 or 3 inches.
7. What is your favourite music at the moment?
I’ve been listening a lot of different types of music recently so I don’t have a specific genre or anything but my two favourite songs at the moment are One Direction – Act My Age and Becky G – Can’t Stop Dancing. Also any Christmas song goes as it’s super close to Christmas (and I’m super excited)!
8. What are your favourite tv shows?
If I mentioned all of them this list would be soooooo long but a couple of them are Teen Wolf, the Originals, Modern Family, Nanny, Friends and Prison Break.
9. Which is more important to you, your Twitter account or your Blog?
Definitely my blog even though my Twitter account is a big part of it since I can interact with my readers and other bloggers through it.
10. Who would you most like to meet if givin the chance and why?
I sound like such a fangirl but Niall Horan from One Direction and because reasons, haha.
My questions for my nominees:
- Favourite item in your wardrobe?
- What type of phone do you use?
- Shoes or handbags?
- What is your favourite drink ever?
- Do you live in the same country you were born in?
- Where is your “go to” place that makes everything OK again in the world?
- Do you own a pet or do you wish you owned one?
- How often do you spend time on yourself?
- Do you like Disney movies?
- What is the best book you have read and why?
I nominate the following bloggers for both of these awards if they’d like to continue them:
- Renata from Speaking Beauty
- Rachel from Rachel Coco
- Alina from Beauty With Charm
- Elish from A piece of Elish
- Kirsty from Effortlessly Excessive
- Jessica from The Pyreflies
- Emma from Speckled Beauty (Sisterhood of the world: bloggers award only since you nominated me for the other award 😉 )
I hope you liked this post! Have a lovely day 🙂
– Anu ♡